- The 990’s original designers were tasked with creating the single best running shoe on the market. The finished product more than lived up to its billing. When it hit shelves for the first time in 1982 the 990 sported an elegantly understated grey colorway, and a then unheard of three-figure price tag. For avid runners and ahead of the curve tastemakers alike, the 990 was a mark of quality and superior taste. There have been updates to the design since ’82, and more color options, but the 990’s aspirational status symbol aura has never changed. Simply put, the 990 is the shoe so good, that we’ve never stopped making it. The latest generation model, the 990v6 features a streamlined take on the mesh paneling and suede overlay construction, plus FuelCell and ENCAP midsole technologies. The subtle, refined modernization offers an up-to-date pinnacle experience for the 990.
- Suede and mesh upper
- FuelCell foam delivers a propulsive feel to help drive you forward
- ENCAP midsole cushioning combines lightweight foam with a durable polyurethane rim to deliver all-day support
- Designed for an improved fit and comfort
- New Balance MADE contains a domestic value of 70% or more. MADE makes up a limited portion of New Balance’s US sales.
- Made in USA
- true to size